Look Fantastic Beauty Box | Oct 2016


Last month's Look Fantastic Beauty Box was the pamper edition. I had every intention of getting to the items in the box but so far I've only been able to test out a couple. This post is up a little later than I expected as October seemed to slip by!

Inside is Oskia London Renaissance Mask (full size £49.50), Mio Liquid Yoga Restorative Bath Soak (full size £26), Alterna Caviar Moisture Intense Treatment (full size £26.95), Polaar The Genuine Lapland Cream (regular size £7.26), Murad Intensize-C Radiance Peel (full size £49.50) and Laura Geller Pout Perfection Waterproof Lip Liner in Cabernet, Claret or Mauve (£14)*


I've been focusing more skincare recently (after a bad breakout last month) so welcomed the two intensive treatments from Oskia and Murad. Both are pretty pricey so it'll be great to see if these are worth the extra investment. So far I've only used the Oskia Renaissance Mask (once). I've never used a mask like it, the consistency is quite thick. A little is massaged into the skin for a few seconds to 'activate' the formula's blend of fruit acids, enzymes and AHA's and you leave it on for 10-20 minutes. I only left it on for 10 minutes and my skin was incredibly smooth after using though I haven't seen any visible differences yet. I'd definitely need to give this a few more tries to see if it's a winner for my skin. The Murad product seems very similar to other masks I've tried (and loved) in the past so fingers crossed this a winner too.

I always love trying lip products so I couldn't help applying some of the Polaar lip balm as soon as I got this box. It makes my lips feel soft and it's free of parabens, fragrance and colour so this is one for anyone with sensitive lips. I haven't tried the Laura Geller Lip Liner yet mostly as I never use a liner but I'll give this a whirl at some point. I also haven't tried the Mio Liquid Yoga bath soak either as baths are something I rarely have currently. This product has such a strong scent of Lavender, I can imagine this would make for a relaxing soak before bed!

The Alterna Caviar Moisture Intense Treatment is basically my ideal product. It's a pre-shampoo treatment designed to boost moisture in very dry coarse hair. The sample here is 25ml so I've only applied this to my ends to see how it works. My hair does feel a lot softer afterwards but it's tricky to tell having only applied such a small amount. The full size is a bit pricey for me as I know it wouldn't last long but this could be a good product for those of you with less dense or shorter hair.

As usual if you're interested in the Look Fantastic beauty boxes you can grab them from their website here

*samples - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried a beauty box?

Lesley x