New In | Beauty Feb 2016


We're almost at the end of another month in 2016 and it's fair to say I've relapsed a little in my attempt to become a reformed shopaholic.


The Lip Colours 

Let's just say I'm having a moment with lip products. I am really trying to have a general minimalist approach to how many items I own (my tiny space can only take so much) but there are a couple of things that I always end up slipping into my shopping basket. This month I've been collecting a lot of pink-toned lip colours. In fact, all of the lip shades here ended up looking very close in colour to my last New In post. I end up with the same colours constantly. I really need to check what I have already before making a purchase. Here my absolute favourite is the MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme In Your Coffee (£15.50). It's another shade I picked up for 'free' using the Back to MAC program and it is just so gorgeous. It's similar to Mocha but the formula is so much more moisturising making it easier to wear.

I first came across L'Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Gloss in Amen (401) (£6.99) when helping 'model' some lip colours for Annie's Find Your Swatch Gallery, which you have to check out if you haven't already (it really shows how the same colours can look completely different on varying skintones). I ended up buying it even though it is almost identical to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes. I prefer the L'Oreal Matte Gloss as it's still quite moisturising gliding and staying put on the lips better. The packaging of the H&M Lipstick in Cream Chestnut (£7.99) duped me into thinking this would be a peachy tone but it's a muted pink on me. I did try to get something different here but alas I ended up with yet another soft pink lipstick and I recently acquired the Sleek MakeUp Twist Up Liner in Lychee (£2.50)* which is a bright fuchsia. Both are smooth, moisturising formulas.



The Makeup Accessories 

A lot of blogs have been filled with talk on the Artís oval brushes like this one priced at £55 and MAC's Oval 6 Brush at a slightly more purse-friendly £34.50. I've never been one to drop any more than £10 on a single brush. I couldn't be happier with my Real Techniques brushes and considering a few bloggers have broken these pricey brushes it's not worth it for me. I still wanted to see what these toothbrush-resembling products were like though so my £1.10 option here was a no-brainer. I got it from eBay here from a Chinese seller. It took about 2 weeks to come but it was little more than a £1! I could buy and break 31 one of these and still have spent less on the real deal (yup I did the maths). I've only tried this brush once and honestly the jury is still out on the verdict so I'll update you when I've road-tested this a little more in the coming weeks.

I also picked up the brushegg also from eBay here for £2.20. It's a brush cleaning glove which you slide over your fingers and use the grooves on the back to remove dirt and grime. It works perfectly and just makes cleaning brushes a little faster without damaging the bristles. I'm not sure if I bought the genuine brushegg product as the listing doesn't state the brand name at all. It's quite small too so if you have a lot of large brushes a bigger cleansing mat would probably work better. Lastly, also new in this month are these Celine False Eyelashes (£5)* by Demure Lashes which I received at event at Radiant Salon yesterday. I had them applied at the event and it was a shame to take them off at the end of the night. They are definitely one of the more natural-looking super long falsies I've used!


I'm hoping next month will be a little lighter on my bank account, especially as I buy similar items again and again. I definitely can't help getting a little swept up in the excitement of newness!


*sample received at an event - read my disclaimer here.

What have you been buying lately? 

Lesley x