Hair | Halo Braid


A halo braid is definitely something I've been itching to try properly. I've tried variations but it's never come out quite as expected. My hair has been straight for the past few days since Michelle Thompson and her team smoothed it out for Saturday's KeraCare Photoshoot and it's a bit of a novelty to have sleek hair that I actually want to style. I've been so stuck in my low maintenance and no heat routine that I forgot how much I used to love creating different hairstyles.


This halo braid was pretty easy to put together. There's a couple of ways you can achieve the style and as my hair is currently on the shorter side (for me) I decided to braid around the whole of my head rather than have two separate braids and wrap these over the top (see here and here). 

I sectioned off a little of the front of my hair so I could have a subtle fringe (bangs) and wispy bits to make the look more casual. As my hair was still pretty straight at the front I added a little Eco styler gel mixed with oil and wrapped the sections around flexi rollers to create waves. I then wrapped my hair in a satin scarf and slept with the style in overnight. In the morning I took out the rollers and used bobby pins to tuck in any parts that were a bit loose.


What have you been doing with your hair?

Lesley x