Glowwbox | May 2017


This month Glowwbox have teamed up with Design Essentials for a limited edition box including several products from the Coconut & Monoi collection. I've featured Glowwbox a number of times on my blog before but for any new readers, Glowwbox is a monthly beauty box subscription service (£15 + P&P)* aimed at women with darker skintones.


Inside the May edition I received the Coconut Milk Nourishing Shampoo (£7.95/225g), Coconut Milk Leave-In Nourisher (£8.95/266ml), Deep Moisture Milk Créme (£9.50/118ml), Curl Defining Gelée (£9.50/340g) - all full size - and 2 sample packets of the Deep Moisture Milk Soufflé (full size £9.50/340g). In the Glowwbox magazine included with every box it mentions 6 products inside the box so there may also be a sample of the Curl Enhancing Dual Hydration Milk (full size £9.50/266ml).

As the temperature heats up our hair can get drier so this month's box aims to quench our thirsty strands. Each product is stated to be loaded with moisture, containing ingredients like Coconut Oil, Monoi Oil and active botanicals to keep dryness at bay. I've only had the box for a few days so I've definitely not had enough time to fully review these products. So far I've only tried the Coconut Milk Nourishing Shampoo, Coconut Milk Leave-In Nourisher and Curl Defining Gelée once. The shampoo is sulfate-free and cleansed my hair without leaving it dry. The Leave-In gave my hair a moisture-boost without weighing it down and the Gelée defined my hair well but I found it didn't mix well when used with other brands/products I have already. As I'm still experimenting with these products I'll review them fully at a later stage.


You do get quite a lot of products for the subscription price so if this is something you're interested in you can grab this box until the end of May from Glowwbox 


*sample - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried a beauty box subscription?

Lesley x