Beauty | ASOS x Deciem


Self-dubbed the 'abnormal beauty company', Deciem is an umbrella of beauty brands including Hylamide, The Chemistry Brand, The Ordinary and NIOD all of which are making waves in the industry currently. With the brand's head office based in Toronto, Canada, the products are mostly available online from a few retailers including ASOS. They also opened their first UK store recently in Spitalfields Market, London and another is set to open in Covent Garden soon. To celebrate the sale of new Deciem products on ASOS, a few ASOSers and beauty influencers were invited to the Deciem flagship store on Thursday evening. It's the first time I've visited the store and it has an apothecary feel to it with a modern and minimal aesthetic, definitely my kind of settings!


At the event, co-founder Nicola Kilner focused on Deciem's newest brand The Ordinary, which is only about 6 months old. The key selling point of The Ordinary products are that they use effective ingredients and technologies but they're sold at a very affordable price point - you can pick up most of the products for less than £10 each. The brand calls it "Clinical formulations with integrity" and it's not hard to see why this brand has struck a chord with skincare enthusiasts across the globe.

I've had quite a few of The Ordinary products amongst my skincare arsenal since the end of last year but it took me a while to work out which products were best for my skin. The brand's website is extremely helpful however, giving suggestions on how to slot these products into your skincare routine based on your needs. It also goes into detail on which products work well together (and which don't) as well as what order to use them in to reap the most benefits. 

At the event Nicola ran through the most popular products from The Ordinary sold on ASOS which were Niacinamide (£5/30ml)*, Hylauronic Acid (£5.90/30ml)*, Advanced Retinoid (£8/30ml) and Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil (£9/30ml)*. I have all of them and will post a review at a later date of these when I've got more of a feel for how they're working for me. Nicola explained the benefits of each - the Niacinamide is great with helping with blemishes and congestion (nighttime use only), Hylauronic acid is key for hydration and Retinoid and Rose Hip Seed Oil both help with signs of ageing.

Nicola also briefly touched on the brand's latest product addition Colours, a 42-strong collection of mineral-based foundations priced at less than £6 each. I sampled a few shades at the event and the foundation applies so smoothly. Nicola explained that the way the pigments are suspended in the formula means that they can't stick to each other so they don't gather in fine lines giving a 'flawless' look. I didn't have the product on long enough to really test this out but I'm intrigued to see if there's a product that doesn't crease under my eyes or in my smile lines so I'm eagerly awaiting the launch of these foundations later this month. 


You can get Deciem products in-store, online or on ASOS.

*sample - read my disclaimer here.


Have you heard of or tried anything from Deciem? 

Lesley x