Review | Beauty Bakerie Lip Whips


I've been collecting a lot of liquid lip colours in the past year and my latest additions are the Lip Whips by the adorably branded Beauty Bakerie best known for their smudge-free formulas.

The American beauty brand first caught my eye a few months ago on Instagram with their bright lip colours and cake-inspired products. Creator Cashmere Nicole is also an intriguing and admirable woman and has made it her mission for Beauty Bakerie to perpetuate the message that it's okay to be sweet and kind which I love. I've always been called 'cute' as I don't have this badass, super sexy persona, and I like that a brand is actually celebrating that. To top it off, Beauty Bakerie's Instagram is full of videos (like thisshowing lip colour swatches being rubbed under a tap and not budging at allI was hooked, I had to try them for myself. Could these sweet lip colours really smudge-free?


I have 4 Beauty Bakerie Lip Whips (£16/5ml) currently, 2 matte and 2 metallic (I did have another matte but annoyingly I haven't been able to locate it since returning from holiday). The two matte shades - Gingersnap and Syruptitious* are my favourites and most worn as the shades are perfect for everyday wear. I reach for the metallics, Berried* and Cinnamon Roll, less often but they are both absolutely gorgeous shades.

I'm an absolute sucker for the packaging of these and the branding is almost spot on. The products have adorable cake-based names and cute 'nutrition facts' on the boxes (all of the Lip Whips are 'No Calories' and '1 Sweetie Per Serving'). Only one thing is really missing - none of the products actually have a sweet scent or taste and the Lip Whips don't exactly look 'whipped' but this is something the brand is working on.

Shades left to right: Cinnamon Roll, Berried, Syruptitious and Ginger Snap 

The Lip Whips can last throughout the entire day without touch-ups depending on what you're eating/drinking as these only come off with an oil-based remover. This means if you're eating anything oily or greasy you'll have to reapply but otherwise these stay on amazingly well. I find the mattes tend to be easier to apply as they are more opaque whereas the metallics can look a little patchy without enough coats. The key to perfect application is to apply thin coats and allow each layer to dry fully before applying another. This can take a few minutes but the results are worth it.

Whilst these Lip Whips do wear well, I find the mattes in particular a little drying (see here) so I really make sure my lips are buffed and smooth before application. Usually I dab on a little balm underneath to counter any dry lip products but this does affect how well these stay on. For maximum staying power the brand suggests to avoid using lip-liners, moisturisers or balms with the Lip Whips.

Overall it's hard not to love these and I can forgive the dryness as the staying power is so good. They are a little on the pricey side in comparison to some of the other liquid lip products I have but as reapplication tends to be minimal I do think they're worth it and I will be grabbing more soon.

The Lip Whips are available from ASOS or Cult Beauty in the UK or you can buy directly from Beauty Bakerie

*the two shades marked are samples from the brand - read my disclaimer here.


Have you tried Beauty Bakerie products? 

Lesley x