Beauty | theBalm Collective Haul


I've been trying to explore uncharted territory when it comes to beauty and theBalm is one of the cosmetic brands I've been experimenting with lately. The American beauty brand caught my attention with their multi-use products and "beauty in 5 minutes" philosophy, not to mention the super cute packaging.


Over the past few months a couple of the Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipsticks, two Batter Up Eyeshadow Sticks and the How 'Bout Them Apples Lip & Cheek Palette have been added to my makeup collection. The liquid lipsticks are firm favourites and have been used regularly over the last few months (no surprises there). I have the shades Committed (a pretty baby pink) and Adoring (a deep red). The pigmentation is just stunning on both of these and the formula dries fairly quickly after application, lasting well on my lips throughout the day. I love both and plan on grabbing a few more shades soon.


I don't use eyeshadow often and I tend to prefer easy-to-apply formulas so the Batter Up Eyeshadow Sticks are a perfect fit. The formula is so smooth and creamy, blends well (providing you work fast) and is so beautifully pigmented. The eyeshadow sticks dry quickly and once applied don't slip or slide off the eyelids. I have two shades, Moonshot and Dugout. Both shades have a shimmery feel to them, especially Moonshot (the lighter of the shades) which looks more like glitter when blended into my skin. As Dugout is a lot deeper this shade complements my skintone better and I would definitely get a few more of the darker Batter Up Eyeshadow Sticks. 


I've had a very small blush collection for some time so I've been collecting a few products lately like the How 'Bout Them Apples Lip & Cheek Palette. The product formula is really creamy and dries matte on the skin. I love the colours in this palette but I have found that the formula is not pigmented enough for my lips, especially the lighter pink tones which don't show up on my lips at all. My natural lip colour is dark brownish pink but as the other theBalm products have been so pigmented I kind of just expected this would work for me. I have a lot of lip colours so I actually only intended to use this palette for my cheeks anyway but it's definitely something to bear in mind if you're thinking about purchasing this palette based on it being multi-use. 


You can find theBalm online in the UK at ASOS, Feel Unique and Debenhams

Have you tried anything by theBalm?

Lesley x