Nudestix Magnetic Eye Pencils


I blogged about a few Nudestix pencils I received from Look Fantastic last month here and since Nudestix sent over more from their range including 10 shades from their Magnetic Eye collection. Ideal for oily lids, the Magnetic Eye pencils are stated to provide intense colour and prime the lids for all day wear. It's quite a claim but when I first received these I quickly swatched a few of them (here) and was stunned when the shades wouldn't budge at all when I tried to rub them off with my finger. I haven't worn them all yet, but I have been playing around with a couple of simple eye looks to get a feel for these.

Satin shades - Queen Olive, Twilight, Rustique, Copper Foil, Angel & Gilt

The Magnetic Eye pencils now come in two finishes - satin and matte - with the matte range newly launched across the pond in Sephora this month. Each pencil comes in an individual tin with a built-in mirror and a pencil sharpener. As mentioned in my last review, the brand's whole concept is using makeup to enhance rather than cover up your natural beauty and the crayons are intended to be foolproof - so you don't need to be a makeup pro to use these. I'm trying to experiment more with makeup in general but I always find blending eyeshadow shades tricky. I find powders in particular difficult to work with and I don't have the patience to take my time when applying eyeshadow.

Matte shades - Chocolate, Fig, Army & Taupe

Usually eye pencil products of this type tend to slip and slide around on my oily skin but, like the swatches I made on my arm, these colours don't budge once on my lids. They are so easy to use too. I was a bit dubious at first at whether I'd get the hang of these, but all I've been doing is scribbling the colour onto my lids and blending in with my fingertip or a brush. The result looks like I've put in far more work and the pigmentation of the shades are stunning. All of the colours I have could flatter a wide range of skintones and work great mixed together too. These pencils work as an eyeshadow, eyeliner and lid primer. The satin finishes have a metallic feel to them too so also double as a highlighter. Win.



The Magnetic Eye pencils are available for £24* from a few places in the UK like Look Fantastic, Cult Beauty or Space NK and in the US on the brand's website here (you can get 10% off orders with the code 'FRESHLENGTHS10')

*samples - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried Nudestix pencils before?

Lesley x