New In Beauty | May 2016


My makeup routine rarely changes from month to month but I have been trying to shake it up a little recently with a few items which have been missing from my beauty collection.

(from left to right clockwise) Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Eye & Cheek Palette in Light / Medium (£28)*, Makeup Geek Eye Brushes (£6.50 each), LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer in Pure Beige (£2.99), Becca Opal Glow on the Go Collection (£20), Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black (£7.99)

Eyes
I'm hopeless at applying eyeshadow despite watching countless YouTube tutorials but I'm working on it. Part of my struggle is that I don't actually have many eyeshadow brushes to work with so I picked up a few basics from Makeup Geek to practice with - the Soft Dome, Pointed Crease and Outer V brushes. All are only £6.50 each from Beauty Bay and are decent quality so are perfect for beginners like me. Stila also recently sent over their newly released Perfect Me, Perfect Hue palette for light and medium skin which comes with a dual ended brush. The palette contains 5 eye shades which cater to my love of neutral eye looks so I'm hoping that when I finally get the hang of applying eyeshadow this palette will see a lot more use. To complete my eye looks I also bought the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. I've been wearing eyeliner a lot more but I've only ever used liquid or felt tip eyeliners before. I found gel harder to work with at first but the buttery texture glides on easily and dries quickly, staying in place throughout the day. 


Cheeks 
Now that it's warmer I've been relying on products to give my skin a sunkissed glow (like my latest makeup look for my YouTube channel here). Key to this look is a great highlighter and I'm in love with the Becca Opal Glow On The Go Collection I picked up from Cult Beauty recently. The collection features two miniature highlighters in liquid and pressed form. A little really does go a long way with both products and give such a gorgeous highlight. I usually use bronzer on my cheeks but I've also been loving the pink and coral shades in the Stila palette for a flush of colour.

Concealer 
My latest buy is the LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer which was only £2.99. I've been meaning to pick up one of these for the longest time but this was something I really wanted to test in-store to get the right shade. I found them at my local Pak Cosmetics and picked up Pure Beige which is slightly lighter than my skintone so I can use it to brighten my under eye area. I love the creamy texture which is easy to blend and conceals well. I'll definitely be grabbing a darker shade soon to contour with.


*sample - read my disclaimer here.
Have you bought any new beauty products?

Lesley x