Review | Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield


I've been shaking up my skincare and makeup routine with a few new products including this Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield (£55).* The Invisiblur is a 5-in-1 product which Murad claims can replace your skin treatment, primer and SPF to blur fine lines and combat the signs of aging. It's made with mushroom peptides, barley, sunflower and cucumber extracts which are stated to all work together to give the skin a youthful appearance and moisture.


Whilst I've been familiar with the Murad brand for some time, I've never actually bought their products before, mostly as they're a little out of my price range. I've often tried samples (free with fashion magazines) and loved them so I had high hopes for the Invisiblur. You can wear this product alone, but I've mostly been using it as a primer, underneath makeup. It has a gel-like texture which feels light on the skin. You don't need much product and it blurs the skin texture, reducing the look of pores instantly. For me the smoothing effect was most noticeable after applying makeup. My foundation sits better and is much smoother, so I've been relying on this product daily for the past couple of months. I haven't yet noticed any improvement in fine lines or wrinkles, though that's not a major skin concern of mine currently. I've still got quite a lot of product left too so perhaps I'll see an improvement with my skin in months to come.


I love that this product has SPF as I'm always conscious of wearing sun protection. Products with SPF I've tried in the past have often left my oil-prone skin greasy. The Invisiblur is not oily and as it can be used as a moisturiser it is ideal for combination skin. The transparent formula means it doesn't make my foundation look ghostly either. The flaw however is that you only need to apply a very small amount of this product (as it has a tendency to ball up if you use too much), so it's questionable how much sun protection it provides to my face.

I do love it as a primer and will continue to use the Invisiblur but I can't help be disappointed that I may still also need to use SPF separately to protect my skin from the sun. Would I buy it? Only if Murad started making a smaller bottle a third of the price. It's a great product but £55 is too pricey for me.

You can get Murad from the Beauty Expert

*sample - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried Murad?

Lesley x