NYX Lip Lingerie Lipstick in Teddy



Nude lipsticks are everywhere currently and my Instagram feed is full of photos of one lip range in particular - the NYX Lip Lingerie Lipstick (£6.50). It's a new offering from American beauty giant NYX and was released in the States in January this year. For us Brits we've only just been able to get our hands on the Lip Lingerie range after Boots started stocking it online in the past week. Not too long ago I said to myself I would not buy any more lip colours for at least a few months (as I have so many already) but I couldn't resist.

There's 12 (mostly nude) matte shades to choose from in total which suit a range of skintones. I've been swooning over Instagram snaps of the brown tones most but I narrowed my purchase down to just one colour - Teddy - and it is such a beaut. Teddy is a deep chocolatey brown tone (though it looks a little purple on me), perfect for medium and darker skin. I don't own anything like it in terms of texture, wear and product type which makes breaking my own spending ban slightly more acceptable. Maybe.  



It's a liquid lipstick so has similar packaging to a lip gloss with a doe-foot applicator. Your lips definitely need to be smooth for this product to look good on so I've been giving mine a good scrub prior to application. It's fairly easy to apply though and coverage is buildable. It dries pretty quickly too so I've been applying one layer first and then go back in with more to ensure full opacity. I've found that 2 or 3 layers is usually enough for me. 

It's perfectly matte but it does feel slightly dry and a tad sticky on the lips. However it doesn't crack and lasts amazingly well throughout the day. You could put balm underneath but it lost staying power when I tried this. Instead, if my lips are feeling parched, I'll dab a teensy bit on balm on top after the lip lingerie is fully applied so it doesn't takeaway the matte effect or slip off. 


Overall it's an awesome product for the price and I can see why it's been so popular with many beauty addicts across the globe. I would definitely buy another even though I know I shouldn't! 

Have you tried anything by NYX?

Lesley x