Beauty | Favourite Nude Lip Colours


I've already spilled my favourite lip shades to wear this time of year here but I've also been loving a lot of nude lip colours recently too. Natural-looking makeup is my go-to most days so a nude lip usually works best.

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick (Birthday Suit), Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick (Notting Hill Nude), KIKO Smart Lipstick (Natural Neige), MAC Satin Lipstick (Mocha) and NYX Butter Gloss (Ginger Snap).

For something that can finish off an effortless makeup look, finding the perfect nude lip colour can actually be a bit of a struggle. You have to navigate carefully between tones which might wash you out or make it look like you've accidentally smeared foundation over your lips. As a result it took me a long time before I stumbled upon a few solid nude-toned favourites that work well for my medium skin.

I usually swatch several tones in-store before settling on makeup products and the same goes for nude lipsticks. My lips are quite dark and brown in colour so I usually have to pick tones that are similar or well pigmented. The best nudes I own have a hint of shimmer or colour to keep the look fresh and healthy-looking and less 'corpse-bride'.


I tend to favour creamy products for nude tones like Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Birthday SuitRimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude and KIKO Smart Lipstick in Natural Neige. I do have semi-matte nude tones too though, MAC Satin Lipstick in Mocha is my absolute favourite (reviewed here) and I also have the drugstore dupe of this - Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mauve It Over.

For some (usually sheer) products I apply a very small amount of foundation around the edge of my lips beforehand to stop my smackers showing through the product or I just use something that matches my lip colour already like NYX Butter Gloss in Ginger Snap*.

*sample received at an event - read my disclaimer here.

What are your favourite nude lip shades?

Lesley x