Aphrodite O3 Ultra Hair Steamer



My hair can get quite dry where it's more texlaxed than relaxed now (see here) and having my hair steamed for a KeraCare blogger photoshoot brought back the kind of ultra-softness I haven't really felt in my hair since I started transitioning a year ago. I ended up buying a steamer as a result - the Aphrodite O3 Ultra Hair Steamer. I've written off the idea of having a steamer in the past as I don't have a lot of space for one but I read decent reviews of this particular steamer and I love that it can be packed away easily when it's not in use.

Retailing at £64.99, it's a fair priced in comparison to other similar steamers on the market. I got mine from distributor website beautyhair.co.uk. They were offering a 10% discount and free shipping at the time which definitely swayed my purchase. This product also doubles up as a face steamer but I haven't tried this option yet.


This steamer is really easy to use and set up. It's separated into 3 parts which slot together with minimal effort. You fill it with water from the top until it reaches the maximum level indicated on the water jar. You then press the steam button and it starts heating up pretty quickly taking roughly 5 minutes. The steamer has a safety function which makes it stop working if it's not on a level surface or the water level is too low. 

I've been using my steamer 1-2 times a week since I filmed my Wash Day Routine in August and it makes such a difference. I apply my deep conditioner as usual, though I don't use as much product as I used to, and steam my hair with it on for about 10-15 minutes. I thought I was doing a good job just relying on my usual plastic conditioning cap but my hair has so much more bounce and feels stronger with the addition of my steamer. 


In terms of cons the design of Aphrodite Steamer isn't as polished as it could be. The parts could be better made and I wish the position of the steamer hood wasn't fixed. It can be a bit awkward to steam the back of the hair properly as you can't adjust it and the hood itself could do with being a little bigger. 

Regardless of this steamer's flaws I'm really happy with this purchase as it's made such a huge difference to the condition of my hair in a short time. I'm definitely going to continue steaming my hair every wash day.

Do you have a steamer or receive steam treatments at a salon?

Lesley x