Review | The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum-In-Oil



I've had quite a few dry patches on my face recently so picked up The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum-In-Oil (£13/28ml). This product is a blend of natural oils, including jojoba, wheat germ and sweet almond oil, with a serum. It's a light and silky texture which aims to recharge and moisturise the skin.

When you have oily skin there's often the temptation to only use products devoid of oil, but when I've relied heavily on such products previously they've only served to make my face oilier, irritated and extremely dry in places. I now work on balancing the natural oils on my face (rather than stripping them away completely) and this product is quickly proving to be great for my skin.


I've been using the serum-in-oil every couple of days before bed after cleansing for the past few weeks and it's been keeping my skin really soft and moisturised. The dry areas of my face in particular feel much smoother and even. It's easy to apply, absorbs quickly and doesn't leave my skin greasy.


As Vitamin E is usually great for fading scars I really hoped this serum-in-oil would provide relief from some scarring on my face. So far I've not noticed any improvement but my skin has seemed brighter in general.

I'll definitely continue to use this product nightly to keep it soft and hydrated. I imagine I'll be reaching for this more often as the temperature drops and my skin gets drier.


Have you tried any products from The Body Shop?


Lesley x