Hairstyle | Big Fluffy Braidout


I used to always favour the twist out for heatless styling but it has failed me in recent months as my hair doesn't hold the style for very long. I've been finding that my hairstyle stays intact much longer when I do braidouts. I tried a slightly different technique the other day for my braidout and the results were exactly what I was looking for with minimal fuss.

I loved the definition and my hair had a relatively uniform wave despite me having a mixture of relaxed, texlaxed and natural hair. My hair was absolutely huge too where I'm almost 18 weeks post relaxer and my haircut has given my hair more fullness. Admittedly, the volume made me a little self-conscious as I wasn't used to it but I received a lot of compliments whilst wearing my hair like this. I am starting to think that big curly styles suit me a lot better than straight hair, which I never would have said a few years ago.


Unfortunately, despite taking quite a few snaps before I headed out the door Wednesday morning, I managed to cut the top and sides of my head off (including my eyebrows in many photos). As a result, the true fullness of my hair can't be seen. It's a shame my arms aren't the slightest bit longer so I could get my whole head in! When I got home that evening I didn't have the time to set up my tripod and take better pictures but I'm definitely going to try this style again anyway. I'm hoping it works just as well so I can make a tutorial.


What have you done with your hair lately?

Lesley x